At Blackstone, we understand that the environmental impact of energy production is one of the greatest challenges facing our planet today.
Because of this, we are committed to doing our part to alleviate this impact using methods, services and products that are both sustainable and economically feasible. Corporate social responsibility has been a vital component of Blackstone's mandate since our inception in 2003.
This approach is reflected in our company's mission statement, "creating good energy", which refers not only to the environmental impact of our work and the positive effect it has for our customers, but also to the general culture of positivity that we pride ourselves on delivering both inside and outside of our office walls.
1. Commit to action at the local level to promote healthy and safe communities
- Regular community clean-ups in neighbourhood parks
- Conservation exercises that encourage employees to reduce their energy consumption at home and in the office
- Partnering with local schools and charities to integrate sustainability into the curriculum at the elementary and high school levels
2. "Walk the walk"; limit the environmental impact of our company's operations and our clients' operations
- Blackstone is a carbon neutral company
- We are the only company in our sector to be a member of the Carbon Pricing Leadership Coalition (CPLC), an organization that "brings together leaders from across government, the private sector and civil society to share experience working with carbon pricing and to expand the evidence base for the most effective carbon pricing systems and policies."
- Our goal: to get more than 50% of our clients to be net-zero by 2030.
3. Support charitable organizations that promote:
Healthy and safe communities
- Organizations dedicated to alleviating community social issues such as homeless shelters, women's shelters, food banks and youth services, etc.
- Hospitals, public health centres, social services
- Organizations and projects that focus on environmental protection and/or conservation
- Community-based environmental initiatives
- Educational programming focused on environmental protection and/or conservation
- Award sponsorship
- Curriculum enriching education programs
- Community-based learning initiatives